Monday 8 January 2018

#2018makenine and other goals

I like the concept of nominating 9 projects for the year so I've made a #2018makenine.  I've already posted it on Instagram but I thought I'd recap here and capture a couple of other goals too.


Let's start with the other goals.  Like so many others my stash is overflowing and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by it.  As I was scrolling Instagram over Christmas I found Katrina's stash diet and decided to join in.  I have fabric piled high on an armchair in my sewing room and I won't be buying any other fabric until it's cleared (my cupboards are also overflowing but I'm trying to be realistic and set small, achievable goals).

This year I'm also saving for a coverstitch machine.  I've wanted one for a long time, Wade even told me to just go out and buy one, but I want to save for it and get the satisfaction of doing this on my own.

Finally, here's 9 projects that I really want to make this year.

True Bias Lodo dress - I already have the pattern and the fabric.

Image of LODO DRESS (PDF)
image via
True Bias Lander Pants I have the pattern and need to dig through my stash to see if I can find the right fabric.

Image of LANDER PANT & SHORT (PDF)
image via
Swim Style Chic Bandeau Bikini - Pattern purchased, fabric in the stash, just need the findings.

image via

Grainline Studio Cascade Duffle Coat  I have the pattern, fabric and toggles.

Cascade Duffle Coat | Grainline Studio
image via

Grainline Studio Archer Shirt I have the pattern and some beautiful linen and I hope to make a start this week.

Archer Button Up | Grainline Studio
image via
Orange Lingerie Esplanade Bra Need to buy everything for this one - will be later in the year I think.


image via
Cloth Habit Harriet bra  I have the pattern and I have the fabric and findings.

Harriet Bra Pattern
image via
Style Arc Ziggi Jacket (in leather) I have the pattern.

Ziggi Jacket Sewing Pattern By Style Arc - Fabulous fully lined biker jacket with zip features & interesting panelling
image via


It's a bit of a challenge and I'm keen to get started.  It will be interesting to see if the plan changes as the year progresses.  Do you have sewing plans and goals for 2018?

3 comments:

cidell said...

The Cascade is a great pattern. And, every year I say I'm going to make a moto jacket.

Anonymous said...

Some awesome projects planned! Good on you for planning ahead, I usually run out of time and make my summer stuff when it is turning autumn!

Christy said...

Awesome list! Just note that the arm length on the Cascade is trim - just perfect for me, but other probably would have to lengthen. I have the Landers on my list too.
:)