Friday 1 July 2011

A Me-Made conclusion

Another Me-Made month has finished and this time I feel relief rather than pride.  Why?  I hadn't realised how few me-made winter clothes I own and I really struggled with wearing the same small selection over and over.  One of the things I love about the Flickr group is the inspiration you get from others and I felt like I wasn't contributing to that.  Similarly, I found myself wanting to whip up something new, just to have something new to show, rather than something that would be a great addition to my wardrobe.  Does anybody else ever fall into this trap?

Me-Made June day 30 - Ottobre leggings

After moping about how unproductive I've been during June, I've given myself a good shake and come up with a bit of a plan.  I've traced out a number of patterns (Ottobre and Burda) and I've got a number of wardrobe gaps that need filling.  So I'm going to fill some of those gaps, make up the traced patterns and if I happen to feel like sewing something completely inappropriate (like a summer dress) then I'm just going to do it.  Sewing is supposed to be enjoyable, not something I worry about.

A big thank you to those of you who provided assistance with my commenting problems - I think I've got it sorted.

No comments: