You are my sunshine...

Sunday, March 20, 2011

It's a gorgeous day today, and I want to sew, but I can't resist sitting outside and soaking up the rays.  I'm wearing my new Hot Patterns Weekender Sunshine top (MMM day 20).  This has been sitting in my UFO pile for over a year so I'm happy I've crossed one more item off the list.

I've cut a size 12 in the tunic length, but omitted the waistband casing.  I like the length of the cap sleeves, but the neckline is lower and wider than I was expecting.  I've also found that the neck band is a little floppy at the centre front.  Maybe it stretched a little during construction but it feels like it needs a wedge taken out.  I didn't have any matching overlocker thread so it was constructed entirely on my sewing machine and then I pinked the edges, entirely unnecessary but I like the way it looks.  I can definitely see myself making up a few more of these.

I don't think I'm going to make my self imposed quilt deadline, but it will definitely be posted out this coming week.


Bernice said...

Nice top. Love the colour. It looks like one of those easy, throw it on, no ironing, straight out of the laundry basket jobs. I like the length.

I had the same problem with a neckline this weekend. Ended up sewing a dodgy wedge through the facing and all. I suspect I may have stretched it during construction too. Ah well.

We had sunshine this weekend for the first time in ages. Beautiful!

toy said...

gorgeous color, this is pretty