Sunday 20 March 2011

You are my sunshine...

It's a gorgeous day today, and I want to sew, but I can't resist sitting outside and soaking up the rays.  I'm wearing my new Hot Patterns Weekender Sunshine top (MMM day 20).  This has been sitting in my UFO pile for over a year so I'm happy I've crossed one more item off the list.




I've cut a size 12 in the tunic length, but omitted the waistband casing.  I like the length of the cap sleeves, but the neckline is lower and wider than I was expecting.  I've also found that the neck band is a little floppy at the centre front.  Maybe it stretched a little during construction but it feels like it needs a wedge taken out.  I didn't have any matching overlocker thread so it was constructed entirely on my sewing machine and then I pinked the edges, entirely unnecessary but I like the way it looks.  I can definitely see myself making up a few more of these.

I don't think I'm going to make my self imposed quilt deadline, but it will definitely be posted out this coming week.

2 comments:

Bernice said...

Nice top. Love the colour. It looks like one of those easy, throw it on, no ironing, straight out of the laundry basket jobs. I like the length.

I had the same problem with a neckline this weekend. Ended up sewing a dodgy wedge through the facing and all. I suspect I may have stretched it during construction too. Ah well.

We had sunshine this weekend for the first time in ages. Beautiful!

toy said...

gorgeous color, this is pretty