Tuesday 15 March 2011

Quilts for Queensland

Way back in January I committed to completing a couple of blocks for the Quilts for Queensland project that Retro Mummy is coordinating.  I had the very best intentions of getting started right away - but as usual our busy family life took over and nothing has been started.

The recent incredibly devastating events in the Pacific region - earthquakes in New Zealand and Japan as well as Japan's tsunami and ongoing flooding in Australia have really focussed my attention.  Here's a few fabrics that I pulled together over the weekend.


So my plan this week is to complete a full lap quilt top, sandwich and quilt it over the weekend, stitch the binding down on Sunday night in front of the TV and then post it off on Monday morning.

I'm still on track with Me Made March - you can check out my progress via my Flickr photo stream on the right.  Now I'm off to start cutting up fabric.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Such pretty colours and prints! This is a really nice thing you are doing. A whole quilt in one weekend is pretty impressive work!
Thank you so much for your nice comments over on MMM.