Tuesday 8 March 2011

I've been nominated...

...for a Stylish Blogger Award.


A big thank you to Amber for sending some blog love my way.  So now you get to find out seven things about me and then I nominate seven other bloggers for the award.  You would not believe how hard it is to come up with seven interesting things about me and seven blogs that haven't already received the award.

1.  I'm a master procrastinator - it took me hours to write this post!  I'm also great at starting projects and then getting side tracked by other ideas.

2. As much as I love a good glass of wine, I can't go past a glass of Coca-Cola.  If production ever stopped I'd have a meltdown.
3.  I love action movies - I think this comes from being born smack in the middle of four boys.  Any movie with Vin Diesel in it automatically gets my vote, mmmmmm.
4.  I'm one of six kids, you know I have four brothers (see above) but I also have one fabulous sister.  Hi PJ :)
5.  I have an unhealthy obsession with shoes.  If I see a fabulous pair of shoes then I'll happily ask their owner (friend or stranger) about them.  There's nothing nicer than a compliment from a complete stranger.
6.  I love being tall. I'm 183cm (6 foot) and I'm quite happy to rock an awesome pair of heels.  I don't like seeing tall people hunched over.  They should throw their shoulders back, lift their heads high and be proud of their height.  I have nothing against my vertically challenged friends, I'm just saying we should all be proud of who we are!

7.  Winter clothing should be warm!  I get really cranky when I see sleeveless tops or shoe string straps on 'winter' clothing.  There are exceptions to this - a tropical climate and special occasion items - but down here in winter it's cold and I want to stay warm.

OK now the hard part, I've spent way too much time worrying that people have been nominated before, that they won't want to play along, that they want me to quit stalking them and leave them alone...but I'm just going to throw caution to the wind and get on with it. So, in no particular order, here's my seven people:

Toy of Life Happens Be Positive
Jacquie of Home Made Couture
Gabrielle of Up Sew Late
Cherri of Cherri-Berri
Corrie of Retro Mummy
Melissa of Fehr Trade
Amanda of Amanda's Adventures in Sewing

4 comments:

toy said...

thank you Robyn, I'm honored that I made your list!

Bernice said...

I'm one of 6 too - 3 sisters, 2 brothers. I agree with you wholeheartedly about winter clothing. Why they use merino wool on a strappy-camisole style top (something I've seen recently) I'll never know!

Gabrielle said...

Oh! Thank you, that was quite unexpected - what a lovely surprise!

Gabrielle said...

Oh and I forgot to say also that I am really loving your daily outfits on the MMM Flickr group - I love that you manage to look so stylish and un-homemade!