Tuesday 18 June 2019

Adding the Morgan Jeans to my collection

The latest addition to my jeans collection, and it's not a pair of Ginger Jeans!


I haven't strayed too far though, these are the Closet Case Patterns Morgan Jeans.  After wearing skinny jeans for so long seeing the more relaxed fit on my body feels a bit strange, but oh they're so comfy!


I made up size 16, added an extra inch to the length (not that I needed to, I ended up removing it) and used a zip fly instead of the button fly as drafted.


I don't know whether it's because I've made so many pairs of Ginger Jeans, but these came together really quickly.  There's a few drag lines so I could probably make a few tweaks to any future versions but they're super wearable so I'm not too worried.


I used a non-stretch denim from Pitt Trading and the top stitching thread left over from a previous jeans project so, with the exception of the zip, these were made entirely from stash items.  I love it when that happens!


I'm experimenting with ways to take my own photos so that I don't have to rely on the family.  These were taken using the self timer function with the camera balanced on a kitchen stool propped up with a tube of hand cream.  Not ideal, but it got the job done.  Progress over perfection right?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That fit is fantastic! I've been struggling to get non-stretch pants to fit just like that. Well done!