Wednesday 1 January 2020

A mighty sports bra to start the new year

Happy New Year!  2019 was quite the year: some amazing highs including a family trip to the USA and some awful lows with my gorgeous sister battling breast cancer and lots of other ups and downs in between. 

Through 2019 I started to focus more on my health and fitness and I've set myself some challenging goals for 2020.  Which leads me to one of my favourite makes of 2019, the mighty sports bra.


I knew I wanted to make the version with the mesh overlays and I prefer a back closure as it makes it easier to get on and off.  My measurements put me in a large, which is what I made.  I wear a 12D/34D in RTW bras.


The fabrics all came from Pitt Trading, the closure and fold over elastic from Evie La Luve and the wide band elastic from Tailor Made Shop.


I really enjoyed sewing this up.  It came together quickly and the instructions give a nice clean finish on the inside.  I self lined the top and found that, combined with the mesh overlay, there was enough support for me to feel comfortable running at a moderate pace on the treadmill.  I did manage to sew the closure on backwards so it's not perfect but I've already cut out a second.  If/when I make a third I will probably add a half inch extra length.
 

No comments: