I'm hoping I can find 20 minutes a day just so I feel like I'm making progress. So far I've managed an hour in the last two weeks so I've got some work to do!
But this post isn't about my lack of sewing time, it's a short and sweet update about the 'real' versions of Jalie 2564.
I've made three matching singlets and ladyshorts using Art Gallery cotton/elastin and I've got to say that this fabric feels fabulous, it's soft with great stretch and recovery. The designs aren't ones that I'd wear as outerwear but I love them for pyjamas.
I made a couple of minor tweaks to these versions. I added an inch to the length at the hem and shaved about a quarter of an inch off the side seams at the bust only. I'm really happy with the way these have turned out. Unfortunately the hot pink fold over elastic I used on one version is really poor quality and doesn't stretch and support the way it should. I really need to replace it but...I'd much rather make something new!
I feel like I have sewing ADD at the moment - I keep starting projects and then moving on to the next thing. Time to finish them off so that I can actually wear them.