Tuesday 25 October 2016

Tessuti Tuesday - Frankie love

I realised as I was writing this post that everything is from Tessuti - so Tessuti Tuesday it is!


I'd been on the lookout for a pattern just like the Frankie dress for over 12 months, I even had vague plans to create one myself using the Scout tee as a base.  I'm glad I never got that far because this pattern is perfection.  It's a really simple design with a couple of clever construction techniques that create a fitted, yet swingy, dress.


I've made this up in Tessuti's hashtag black.  It's a size M, knee length version with an additional 2 inches in length which I think I took off again when I hemmed it.  I feel like it looks much shorter in these photos than it does in real life!

The wind was wracking havoc when we took these photos so I've added an inside shot so you can see how nicely it hands.


I also think it works well paired with the Megan longline cardigan - the one below was made up in a merino jersey (yep, from Tessuti).


I think you'll be seeing Frankie again in the future.  

2 comments:

katherine h said...

Hey, nice to hear from you! That looks a great dress with plenty of potential for accessorizing.

Sharon said...

The Frankie dress looks so comfortable and fashionable in the same breath. Also great cardigan.