Thursday 10 July 2014

Winter warmer - Jalie 3355

I really need some new work tops, but sometimes family sewing takes priority.

With the winter chill that has hit Melbourne we were all in need of some new tracky dacks (sweatpants to anyone outside of Australia!).


In size order we have me in the Y with 2 inches extra length, Caitlyn in the S with 1.5 inches extra length, Paige in the K with 8 inches extra length and Georgia in the Q straight out of the envelope.

I'm becoming a big fan of Jalie patterns - one pattern has sizes to fit the whole family and the cut and drafting are always excellent.  Jalie 3355 is one of their new releases and includes a hoodie, sweatpants and a sweatshirt.


They're track pants so there's not a lot to say - On mine I went for a contrast pocket and left off the ankle elastic.


I'm sure the hoodie will get made up at some point too.  As Wade was taking these photos he did make the comment that he was feeling a bit left out - all this family sewing and nothing for him.  I highly recommend this pattern if you're in need of a solid basic pattern and the pockets are the easiest thing ever - perfect for a beginner.

9 comments:

Judith said...

These all look so comfy and warm ~ even up here in Brisbane it is tracky dacks weather at the moment. You will all get a heap of wear out of these ~ great sewing ... J

SewCraftyChemist said...

Gotta love those Jalie patterns! Pants for the whole family! They are all fabulous!

Marie said...

They look great. I am a big fan of Jalie for me. I will have to remember I can use them for the kids as well!

Sharon said...

Great looking track pants and those pockets are great.

Rosi said...

They all look so comfy and toasty warm. I like the pockets details too.

Carolyn said...

They all look so nice and comfy. I really like the contrasting peep of colouring the pocket :)

Carolyn said...

* colour in* sorry!

fabric epiphanies said...

I have been so tempted by this pattern. Who can't go past a TNT pattern!

Dawn said...

They are, hands down, my favorite pattern company. I've made the sweatshirt about six times now. Haven't made the pants yet.