Wednesday 9 January 2013

The first steps - bra making sew along



I love beautiful lingerie, but it can be really expensive.  Last year I noticed that a lot of very talented ladies are making their own.  Every time I saw Carolyn, Katherine or Novita post another beautiful set I'd think about giving it a go, but always decided I just wasn't ready.  Then I saw Amy's sew along and decided it was now or never.

Yesterday was the first day of Cloth Habit's bra making sew along and it was all about measuring for fit.  I won't bore you with my measurements but I thought I'd show you the beautiful kits that I bought and the pattern I'm hoping to use.



The pattern is MIX 30 by Merckwaerdigh, which includes a bra, knickers and french knickers pattern.  I also bought both of my kits from her Etsy Shop.

Sewing pattern MIX30 with Bra Pantie & French knickers by Merckwaerdigh

I know it'll take a bit of trial and error to get the fit right and adjust to sewing lingerie but, nothing ventured nothing gained, right?

8 comments:

Sharon said...

Love the colours and I am so close to signing up, but still hesitant. How long did it take for your pattern to arrive from the Etsy shop. I have a "Booby Traps B003" pattern that I have never made up.

Carol said...

I really want to do this but the timing is wrong for me. I look forward to seeing how your bras come out.

Kathy {Kathy Sews} said...

I love those kits! How pretty!!! I made this bra pattern a few months ago but it didn't work as well for me as it did for other folks. But that was my own fault. I want to give it a try again. I think I should participate in the sew along, too :)

Maycie After Five said...

I'm so glad I found this post! One of my goals for this year is to sew lingerie. I will definitely check out your links!

poppykettle said...

ooh - gorgeous packs you got there! I'm lsuting after those purple-y blue straps with the magenta detailing!
I'm sewing along with Amy too - I love pretty underthings. I got my pattern & materials from Merckwaerdigh's Etsy shop also, but I've got a different pattern. I'll be looking forward to seeing what you think of it!
We're moving house right now, so I'm probably going to be a little behind everyone else... it'll be good for learning from others I guess, not to mention the inspiration!

velosews said...

All the best. You've picked gorgeous colours.

fabric epiphanies said...

I am doing this but am a bit late signing up so I am stuck with what Spotlight and Lincraft has on offer.

Carolyn said...

Oh those colours are so so pretty! I cannot wait to see what you create :) they are going to be so beautiful. And I too am curious as to what you think of the kit quality and how long did it take to get to you?