Sunday 6 January 2013

Mission Maxi Redux

My first finished item of 2013...is the same as it was in 2012!  This is view A of Jamie Christina's mission maxi.

It was over 40 degrees in Melbourne when I wore this to work on Friday so I've only got an inside photo and it was difficult to photograph this beautiful bamboo jersey.  It's a fabulous tangerine colour and it's so soft and slinky and smooth, but boy does it have some stretch.  For this pattern I usually add 5 inches at the hem to get the length right.  This time I cut off 2 inches because the weight of the fabric pulled it so far down.


There's really not much to say about this pattern.  It's a great pattern, it goes together quickly and I'd highly recommend it if you're thinking about sewing a maxi dress.  

I wouldn't normally wear something this casual to work (we don't even have casual Fridays), but the CEO relaxes the dress code between Christmas and the first executive meeting of the new year.  I've got some bright shorts on the go, can't wait to show them to you, they're coming along really well.

10 comments:

Susan said...

Ohhhh now I so want this pattern! Looks great and love the necklace. Finish your shorts and show us soon! Susan

poppykettle said...

Gorgeous :) Did you include the godet on this iteration?

Sharon said...

Love the colour and would have brightened up the office. Looking forward to the shorts!

Sew Brunswick said...

Lovely! I bet it was super comfortable in that heat.

fabric epiphanies said...

The red looks stunning with the pop of blue. I love maxi dresses as well but prefer something a little shorter in the heat.

Marie said...

Love the colour - great that you are wearing it to the office while you can. I am looking forward to the shorts as well.

Gabrielle said...

What a fabulous looking dress! Love it, and love it with that necklace!

Rosi said...

I love a maxi and can just imagine how beautiful it must feel in bamboo. Gorgeous!

Lynneb said...

It's such a great dress! We do have casual Friday in my office but I am always so chicken to wear a maxi!

velosews said...

Love this style on you. The back view is just as good (from the mirror).