Monday 5 March 2012

Planning


There's not much action in the sewing room because it's currently having a makeover.  I'll show some pictures once it's all done, but I'm pretty excited.  Sorry about the picture layout below - they're supposed to be side by side, which they are when I'm drafting but not when I preview the post.  Anyone know how to fix that?  Moving right along... 

Now that the weather has turned in Melbourne I've started thinking about what I want for the cooler months.  Mum and I had a trip to Spotlight when she visited on the weekend and she's quite the enabler (somehow I ended up with two bags of fabric and Mum bought nothing!).  I find Spotlight can be very hit or miss, but this time I got lucky.

This black and grey houndstooth wool blend (80% wool. 20% nylon) will hopefully become view b of Butterick 5685.  Hmm, I think I was influenced by the pattern picture.


The eggplant purple ponte knit will become view b of Butterick 5672 (my camera really struggled with the colour).



The bright navy ponte knit will become Vogue 1257 (which I know has some sleeve issues to be addressed so we'll see how that goes).





I can't wait to get started.

6 comments:

fabric epiphanies said...

I have that coat pattern in my autumn stash as well. I can't wait to get started.

It has turned cool here too particularly the mornings. It is almost like someone flicked a switch at the end of Feb

Bernice said...

Oh, I really love the look of the coat. Looking forward to seeing the finishing product. Didn't you say recently you were done with knits for a while? I guess old habits doe hard! Happy sewing.

Judith said...

Not cool enough up here in Brissie to start thinking of cooler weather clothing just yet!!! Love your buys from Spotlight - heading out myself tomorrow...

Gabrielle said...

These look like great fabric finds - and I'll look forward to seeing these sewn up! I suspect my mum would be quite an enabler too :-)

Is it really nearly winter???? I swear we've had only about 2 days of summer here!

Sharon said...

Great fabrics and winter is starting its journey here in Sydney. Looking forward to seeing all your plans made up.

Lynneb said...

Looks like a great line-up, Robyn. I don't know if you saw my post that I did on the Vogue dress with the sleeve issues or not, but I figured out a way to solve that. I really need to put that on Pattern Review, come to think of it.