Sunday 19 June 2011

Saturday Sewing

Hubby was invited over to a neighbours to watch football and have a few beers so I spent a couple of happy hours with my sewing machine.

First up was the Schoolhouse Tunic from Sew Liberated.  I made it up using a printed rayon from Spotlight (I have mixed feelings for Spotlight, but that's a whole other story) .  I'm glad I checked out some other reviews before I started cutting.  It's generously sized - I cut out a size 10/12 and I usually cut a 14 in Big 4 patterns. 


I made the dress length and it's pretty short - a strong breeze would have me blushing.  I knew I'd never wear it without leggings underneath so it didn't worry me but you might want to check the length.  Other than that this was a breeze to put together.  I made one change and that was to use a centred inverted box pleat, the same as the back.  I just preferred the way it looked. 

Me Made June - Day 19

Finally I whipped up three pairs of black leggings, talk about instant gratification.  Mine were made using an Ottobre Women's pattern (2/2008 #16).  The pattern is only for 3/4 leggings but I just measured my legs and extended the length.   The girls' leggings were also made using Ottobre patterns. 


I'm off to trace another Ottobre pattern, Georgia has put in a request for a hooded top.  I really love it that the kids still think it's cool to have me making clothes for them.

3 comments:

Bernice said...

Nice tunic. I really do love the layered look of a tunic over leggings, jeans etc. I've got about three sleeveless tunics in the pipeline currently. I'd like a good leggings pattern for exercise.

Eugenia said...

I love that tunic - it looks so pretty and is perfect for wearing over leggings!

Amy Stanton said...

What a great combo. I especially like your tunic. I forgot about that pattern in that book--need to go check it out!