Sunday 9 April 2017

April Sewing Plans

I've got a few days off over Easter and wanted to make the most of the extra time in my sewing room.

I have a massive wish list of things that I want to make but figured if I could focus on just a handful of items I'd be more likely to get them done!
 
So here's five things that I'm hoping to sew up over the rest of April:


First up is a new skirt for work.  It's Vogue 1170, a Rachel Comey pattern from a few years back.  It's no longer listed on Vogue's website but you can pick it up on Etsy or Ebay easily enough.  I'm planning on making it up in a beautiful Italian wool that I bought at Tessuti several years ago.  

The Birkin Flares are one of my #2017makenine picks and something that I've been wanting to make for a couple of years.  These will be a great addition to my weekend wardrobe and will likely make an appearance for casual Friday at work too.

I fell hard for this beautiful viscose poplin from Blackbird Fabrics and all I could think of was making the Grainline Archer shirt.  Also, I need tops for work so this seems like a winner.



Next up I'm planning to make Vogue 1460 in a gorgeous denim coloured merino jersey from The Fabric Store.  A warm, cosy winter work dress.

My last planned make is Megan Nielsen's Rowan body suit - colour and style as per the picture below.  I layer all my clothes in winter so I think this will be a winner.

Picture via

If I'm crazy productive my two bonus projects will be a Tessuti Sydney jacket in a gorgeous charcoal marle boiled wool and a pair of navy stretch cotton Ginger (jeans) pants.  I'm pretty excited by all these projects so I hope I can them all sewn up.

4 comments:

Accordion3 said...

Always good to have a plan - and this is an excellent plan. Hoping it all goes well for you.

Christy said...

Looks like a good plan. I purchased that same rayon from Blackbird fabric, but I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. I picked the cheap, slow shipping option - says it could take up to 16 weeks!! At least I'll have it in time for Summer :) Canada post sucks!

Sharon said...

Very impressed with your sewing plans for April.

Sew, Jean Margaret said...

Wow you have some big sewing plans. Wishing you all the best and looking forward to seeing your efforts.