Thursday 12 December 2013

Splattered Scout - Grainline 31002

Thanks everyone for your well wishes on my last post - I found out yesterday that I have passed all modules!

I feel so much more relaxed and I'm really enjoying time in my sewing room.  I've even managed to sew three (basic) items, the first one being the Scout tee from Grainline Studios.


I think everyone else has said everything there is to say about this top - mine's a size 12 with an extra inch in length through the body.  I even cut into my much loved and patted Liberty fabric.


I've always admired Liberty fabric on others, but the floral prints just don't feel like me, so when I saw this splatter print tana lawn (Melly) I snapped it up. It was such a pleasure to sew.  The fabric was beautiful and the pattern went together perfectly - even the bias strips behaved themselves.  Because it was Liberty I felt like I should use french seams instead of the over locker, and I was incredibly proud of myself for using them on the set-in sleeves too.  Not something I've ever done before, but it was actually pretty easy and now my top looks beautiful on the inside too.


I'm getting my sewing mojo back and I love it.

4 comments:

fabric epiphanies said...

Sometimes it is the simple projects that become favourites and I have found this with the scout. I wear mine constantly.

Christy said...

Quick and simple basics will help with your mojo. I love the tee. Congrats on the uni. After completing my last degree I have sworn to my husband that I will never study again. It's so hard with a family! Enjoy the break.

Sharon said...

Congratulations on the pass and love your top!

poppykettle said...

I lurve this print... it's awesome! Gorgeous scout :)