Thursday 9 May 2013

Week 1 done and dusted

Whew.  I've survived week one of Me Made May and already I've discovered that my wardrobe hasn't changed much, but my tastes have!

My favourite ensemble is day 1 - those pants are worn once a week and the variety of colours in the silk top means it can go with so many things.  And it's silk. enough said.

My least favourite would be day 6 - there's nothing particularly wrong with it, it just doesn't make me feel good.  Generally I wear that as a casual top so I just didn't feel very 'put together' for work.

Most inappropriate outfit goes to day 3 - that dress is far too short for me to wear to work, but I did it anyway and pretended it was ok because it was Friday.

Here's the outfits with links to the item's original blog posts.

Day 1: Simplicity 3686 pants and McCall's 6519 top.

Day 2: My leggings are from Ottobre Woman 2/2008 #16 and the Dress/tunic is Butterick 5247

Day 3: The dress and cowl are both from Simplicity 2054

Day 4: brand new (un-blogged) Renfrew top, self drafted cardigan (pre-blog), also wearing me made undies

 Day 5: Ottobre Woman 2/2008 #16 leggings and McCall's 5630 shirt.  

 Day 6: Simplicity 3686 pants (apparently made pre blog!) and Kwik Sew 3740 wool top

Day 7: Butterick 5627 and a brand new pair of (as yet unblogged) Ohhh Lulu Lola undies

5 comments:

Funkbunny said...

Love your outifts, especially the navy dress and the tunic, boots combo.

Funkbunny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon said...

Interesting thoughts about your weeks worth of outfits, I like the look of them all on you. Put the top from Day 6 back on and turn up the hem, it mightn't be much but I think that could change the wearability.

poppykettle said...

Looking good! Silk? Nuff said - indeed!

PurpleMum said...

The ute really is the perfect accessory I think....