Sunday 13 May 2012

Mother's Day Makes

Happy Mother's Day to all you mums out there and extra special wishes to my Mum!

I found some wool knit scraps when I was transferring my fabric into my new cupboards and really didn't want to put it away, never to be seen again.  I knew I wanted a loose t-shirt style top - something I could pull on to give me some extra warmth but could also be worn on its own.  So I used the same pattern that I used last time I used this fabric - Butterick 5247.  Because I only had scraps I had to cut the back and collar in two pieces and significantly reduce the length (I cut five inches off view A).  This top turned out exactly the way I wanted.


And since it felt like ages since I'd done any fun cooking (as opposed to the required breakfast, lunch and dinner) I decided to make these raspberry scrolls today too.  



This was one of my first pins on Pinterest and I'm so glad I found it.  These are fantastic, definitely worth the time it takes to make them.  My picture isn't as pretty but boy were they good.


A great day to celebrate being the mum of my best three creations.

3 comments:

Bernice said...

Those scrolls look divine. Nice top - looks very easy to wear.

katherine h said...

Now I feel bad. I promised my daughter that we would make scrolls yesterday ad we never got to it.

I really like the neckline / collar of that top.

Carolyn said...

Your top is gorgeous, I really love that little rolled neckline. So chic, as your creations always are :)
Those scrolls look pure delish! Sounds like a terrific day for all of you!