Tuesday 24 April 2012

Updated Vogue 1257

Thank you all so much for your feedback on Vogue 1257.  The general consensus was to shorten or remove the sleeves and/or shorten the hem.  I couldn't believe that it hadn't even occurred to me to do that, clearly I'm not very imaginative at the moment.

Sorry - it's raining and this is the best the kids could manage.

As you can see I chose to shorten the sleeves - I've lopped off 34cm and then used a 1 inch hem.  I forgot to mention in my previous post that I hadn't hemmed the dress at all so the skirt now has a 1.5 inch hem.  It's definitely an improvement.  I wore it to work today and it was comfy, but it doesn't rock my world.  I've also decided that this is a dress for someone with a bigger bust than me - I really don't fill out all those pleats up top!

Tomorrow is ANZAC Day so I'm planning a day of sewing and football.  Go Bombers!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Go Pies!

Sheila said...

The changes made a big difference and looks good on you.

Gabrielle said...

I love this colour and the dress is really looking good - the sleeve length really makes a big difference!

fabric epiphanies said...

The changes make a big difference and I can tell by the photograph that you think so as well!

Sharon said...

Big difference with the shorter sleeves, it mightn't rock your world, but a good stand by for those days when everything is in the wash. Hope you had a good sewing day, I managed to finish my Minoru.

Carolyn said...

Wow, so gorgeous!! You look stunning, and if I had this beauty in my wardrobe I would be pretty happy! Love it with that silver necklace and those boots.
Thank you for your lovely comment on my Mum's kimono and I will be sure to pass your kind words along. She will be thrilled to have received so many compliments!

Anonymous said...

Mumptuppy J.J. Watt Authentic Jersey
Andre Johnson Jersey
Terrell Suggs Jersey
poevybeex

Anonymous said...

After years of high heels and business clothes, she is currently enjoying working from home in her pajamas One of the most important aspects is reflected in the degrees of a circle or mapping system that Bradley said academics have 'no apparent reason' for the fact of its existence First, try the squirt bottle method Understand how to take your outline deal and put it into a final enforceable contract
Above all, find out what your unique purpose is here on this earth - then fulfill it! As you do, you will experience joy!Live purposefully All rights reserved There is not enough ventilation for the air to flow properly and the bottom of the stainless cages get hot quickly Each time there was any type of breakout we would have instantaneous response

[url=http://www.cheapjerseysgame.com/]Cheap Jerseys Paypal[/url]
[url=http://www.torreysmithjerseys.com/]Torrey Smith Jersey[/url]

You know that relationships are vitally important Barack Obama: Obama is Hot, Hot, HOT!1928 Herbert Hoover: A chicken in every pot and a car in every garage Hilary Clinton: Im not too hot to I talk a lot!1952 Dwight Eisenhower: I Like Ike Hilary Clinton: I Like Me!1956 Dwight Eisenhower: Peace and Prosperity John McCain: War is hell but Im just swell!1960 Richard Nixon: For the future Arnold Schwarzenegger: Will I have a future?1964 Lyndon B The Yoruba Spiritual Tradition is centered in West Africa in what is now called Nigeria

[url=http://www.heathmillerjersey.net/]Heath Miller Steelers Jersey[/url]