Monday 24 October 2011

A Quick Win - Simplicity 2865

Last night I just wanted to sew something quick so I pulled out Simplicity 2865, a Built by Wendy pattern, and a lovely Australian made cotton lycra knit.


I cut out view C in a size 12, left off the front placket (just an oblong sewed on, not a true placket) and the side inserts.  I didn't even need extra length!  I checked Pattern Review and a few people mentioned that they sized down because the pattern runs big.  I think that's true when you use the side inserts, they add extra room around your middle, but because I left them off I had to use quarter inch side seams so that it wouldn't be too tight.  Lesson learned? Think, don't just assume!



I really like this top and will get so much wear out of it - I can see myself making this up a few different ways so you might be seeing it again soon.  And Mum, if you're reading, that's your birthday present blooming behind me in the top photo. 

2 comments:

Marie said...

Your top looks great, I really like the racer back. I am sure it would be a very handy addition to your wardrobe.

Bernice said...

Cute top. I love the racer back and the stripes.