Sunday 27 February 2011

Simplicity 2603 Sleeveless top

Simplicity 2603 was really popular last year (or the year before?) for the drapey cardigan featured on the pattern cover but right from the start I loved the simple sleeveless top that was also included.  I ummed and ahhed for a while because it seemed silly to buy an expensive pattern (no 99 cent sales in Australia!) for such a simple top, but in the end I gave in because I knew it'd be perfect for work and probably be made up multiple times.

So here's my version.  I cut the medium in a white silk jersey.  It all went together really easily, I added an extra 1.5 inches to the length and slip stitched the neckband facing down rather than top stitching on the outside.  The silk feels sooo good against my skin, but I have noticed that it tends to catch very easily and this can leave a little broken thread.

There's not much else to say about this one.  It's definitely a welcome addition to my wardrobe with Me Made March starting in a couple of days.  And speaking of Me Made March you'll start seeing pictures of me actually wearing my clothes!  At the moment it is just easier to snap a quick picture of any items on Ruby, but I'll work on getting more of me wearing them.

With the turn of a season about to happen, and the crappy weather we've been having in Melbourne, I've started to think about some ideas for Autumn/Winter.  I'm planning on heading into my sewing room tonight and getting a few things cut out so that I can just pick up a project and get cracking. 

See you on Tuesday for my first Me Made March post.

1 comment:

Bernice said...

Such a lovely top. I can only imagine you'll get plenty of wear out of such a simple piece. A little white top is such a wardrobe essential. It's 27th Of February and I still can't decide whether or not to sign up for MMM....decisions! decsisions! I wish you luck with your 31 outifts!