Saturday 5 August 2017

August Sewing Plans

I've had a couple of outfits in my head for a while now that I just can't shake so I'm putting them all into my August plans in the hope that I'll sew them up and get them into my wardrobe.  While we still have months of cold weather to go, I think most of these items should also be able to transition through to spring and even summer.

The first combo is the Birkin flares in a dark denim, Ogden Cami in a pale blue silk crepe de chine and an Esme Cardigan in an ivory merino.

Images via here here here and here
I'm also planning a Birkin flares, wrap blouse combo.  No pattern for the blouse but I'm thinking I'll use the beautiful floral fabric from Blackbird Fabrics (ditched my Archer plans - thought it would be too overwhelming on me).  I like McCalls 7627 for the wrap but it's not available in Australia and the pattern can't be purchased through Vogue/McCalls online either, so I'd have to go hunting on Etsy.  If I can't find anything else in my stash that I can use I might just have to go shopping!

images via here here here and here
The other combo happening includes the Esme cardigan again and McCalls 6886 in black ponte.  

Images via here here and here
There's two more items on my list, the Style Arc Rosemary blouse in red silk crepe de chine and the Vogue 1170 skirt that I included in my April sewing plans.  I put it aside because it needs some fitting adjustments and I wasn't sure how to approach it, but now I'm just going to keep trying things until I find something that works!

Images via here and here

So all up that's:

  • 1 pair of jeans
  • 1 cardigan
  • 1 cami
  • 2 tops
  • 1 knit dress
  • 1 skirt

I really doubt that I'll get it all done but it's nice to have goals!

3 comments:

katherine h said...

I like your plans. I am aiming for 4 garments this month, but even that seems ambitious at the moment. I have 3 stylearc patterns picked out...the jamie pant, an anorak, and the roslyn tunic. I also have the morris blazer printed off. Good luck with your list!

KS_Sews (Dressmakingbacles) said...

I bought fabric for 7627 today and am reading through the instructions! :)

This is a fantastic plan. I like the Ogden cami. I keep saying I should buy it.

motherof5 said...

Such grown up, beautiful sewing