This dress is Simplicity 1873, previously made here. I loved this dress and knew that I'd be making it again. I fixed the back issues I had last time but looking at these photos, particularly the one below, I think that the back also needs a little bit of length taken out. It's probably also a smidgen tight, but how good is that invisible zipper!
I know I'm often pretty down on Spotlight fabrics but I really like their printed cotton sateens. This one was labelled Matrix green and it kind of stuck in my head, hence the Matrix dress.
When I went to cut this out I realised that it had light and dark stripes running through the pattern. So while I didn't worry about pattern matching, I did make sure that I kept the light and dark stripes consistent.
When I purchased the fabric I forgot what a fabric hog this skirt is. Like last time I ended up folding out several of the pleats just so that I could fit all the pattern pieces on. I've still got a lovely full skirt, but I've removed the pleats which would have sat on my hips. I should have added a couple inches to the skirt length, but completely forgot. It's a little shorter than I usually prefer to wear to work, but I think I can get away with it.
I love my Matrix dress and I received several compliments from people who don't usually comment on my clothes, which just made my day. I had planned to wear this with a Nettie bodysuit underneath - I have the pattern and the fabric but decided against starting another new project :) I'm really glad this dress is finished and in my wardrobe.