Friday 29 August 2014

Tropical birds or silk scout number #2

I actually made this top several weeks ago and haven't had a chance to blog it.  I completed a silk scout top not that long ago and wasn't planning another, but somehow this got pushed to the front of the queue.


It's a silk crepe de chine from the depths of my stash and it was popular blogger choice a couple of years ago.  I'm a little behind the times so I'm just making it up now.  There are no changes from last time I sewed the scout - french seams through out and lined body.


Spring is definitely in the air in Melbourne, but it's not quite warm enough to wear a silk t-shirt, so this top is getting layered with a cardi and tank top for work.  It's actually had quite a bit of wear, the colours in the birds give you lots of options for coordinating.  I, of course, chose to wear black :)
 

I thought I'd write a list of a few things that I wanted to sew in September - I was thinking maybe three or four items to help overcome my exceptional procrastination skills.  I ended up with a massive list, so it's back to the drawing board.  Time to prioritise and be logical (boring but necessary).

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Lovely silk top, sounds gorgeous to wear and love that you have so many options of colours to wear with it.

Hear you in the garment with list, mine is huge and trying to prioritize it is a nightmare!

Christy said...

You beat me to this print! I also have some in my stash awaiting project inspiration. Lovely simple tops are always a winnner

velosews said...

Looks like your sewjo is ready for Spring. I'm so glad you stash dived and came out with such a great top.

Emma said...

Love this fabric - i wasnt following blogs when it was popular so is new to me. Great choice making a scout with no darts to mess up the pattern. Looks fantastic!

Gail said...

Your fabric is very special.

poppykettle said...

It would have been warm enough today! I wore the short-sleeved top I made in the height of winter today out without a cardi and it was glorious :) Hope you got out to enjoy it! I adore the fabric you've chosen for this - looks wonderful :)

Anonymous said...

I don't remember seeing that fabric before, but it's beautiful! Makes a lovely top :-)