Friday 31 January 2014

Planning and reflecting


Thanks for all your well wishes, I'm still out of action with a very nasty sprained ankle, so I haven't been able to do any sewing.  I have been doing a lot of planning and reflecting though.

The silk below is sitting waiting to be made into a top and I'm planning some basics to go with it.  These pants need to be replaced and I have a black pencil skirt cut and ready to be sewn up.  I also need some more casual tees and I'm thinking about using Tessuti's Lola tee.  I've also got a piece of hot pink cotton/linen which is just begging to be made into a pair of shorts and I think I'm going to give it a try, even if it's quite different to what I normally wear.


On to the reflection.  

I'm at the end of my first month of the RTW fast and so far I'm really enjoying it.  I thought January would be really hard with all the sales, but it has just made me want to sew more.  I'm really interested to see if this continues for the rest of the year, maybe 2014 will be really productive :) 

Strangely I haven't bought much fabric this month either.  Generally when I can't clothes shop and I can't sew, I shop online.  Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this!  There is, of course, a beautiful piece of silk on the Tessuti website which is very loudly calling my name... I think it's time to go and have another look.  I hope you're sewing up a storm.

3 comments:

Linda L said...

You are not alone on the shopping online for fabric/patterns/any sewing related thing when I am not sewing. Your fabric is gorgeous!

Sharon said...

Your silk looks gorgeous and will give your black skirt a lovely touch of colour. I find knitting keeps me away from online fabric shopping but that hobby is creating another stash.

Gail said...

Beautiful fabric. I've love to see it teamed with a grey marle knit tube skirt for a more casual look. But black works too.