Happy New Year to you all.
This year I am joining in Goodbye Valentino's RTW fast.
In 2014 I won't be purchasing any RTW clothing. I've been debating whether or not to sign up since I first saw the invitation and I've decided that sometimes you just need to jump and work out the details later! I kept trying to work out why I wanted to do it and the answer came to me when I was getting dressed for work. I couldn't find anything to wear (yes, yes I know, we all say that as we stand in front of a full wardrobe). In all honesty I have kept so many clothes that I don't wear because they don't fit me/aren't my style that it's a real struggle when I get dressed. I end up donating a lot of what I buy. I need more clothes that fit me. So today I'm sorting through everything that doesn't fit or feel good, donating it and then writing a big sewing list!!
My sewing goals for 2014 are pretty simple.
- Be realistic. I work a full time job and have three kids who each play a whole lot of sport. I don't have many spare hours to sew. I shouldn't expect the same type of output as someone who sews for a living!! (Comparison is the thief of joy, right?!)
- Use the lingerie kits. I now have five beautiful lingerie kits, another two on the way and several patterns in my stash and I haven't sewn one bra. I will remedy that this year.
- Sew BWOF #105 9/2008. It has been on my 'to sew' list since it came out. I have the fabric and the buttons, and I even started it in 2012 but stopped when I realised it was way too big. Time to get it done.
- Make a versatile, really warm winter coat. With all the kids sport there is going to be plenty of weekends and nights spent outdoors and I'm not going to shiver because I don't have a warm coat. I have the fabric, I have the pattern.
- Get off the couch and into the sewing room. There are too many times when I flop on the couch at the end of a long day and blog surf. Then I complain to Wade that I have no time to sew. I need to use my time better.
That's it. Short and simple but I'm sure it won't be easy, especially number 5. Do you make resolutions/goals? If you do, how do you keep on track?