I've used this pattern twice before - the first time I made the dress and the second time I made a slightly different peplum top. All three items have been made using ponte knit.
I didn't want a full peplum this time so I drafted a new one (basically a rectangle with curved ends). Hopefully you can also see the darts that I've added to the front neckline (there are also two smaller ones in the back). Both times I've previously made this pattern the neckline has gaped a little but it didn't bother me enough to fix it - pretty lazy hey :-) This time the gaping was driving me crazy so I added the darts and I've got to say that I really like the way they look. I also left off the sleeves (well duh!) and finished the neckline and armholes with self made cotton bias tape.
Summer has certainly hit in Melbourne and I loved adding this to my wardrobe. I felt cool and comfortable but still put together. When I look in my wardrobe I feel like I have nothing seasonally appropriate to wear, maybe last summer was pretty mild. I had a bit of a cutting session last Sunday so hopefully, life permitting, I'll have plenty of new things to show you soon.