Friday 14 December 2012

White hot - Butterick 5672

Work has absolutely fried my brain so I'm struggling to put words together tonight.  It's going to be short and sweet.


I've used this pattern twice before - the first time I made the dress and the second time I made a slightly different peplum top.  All three items have been made using ponte knit.


I didn't want a full peplum this time so I drafted a new one (basically a rectangle with curved ends).  Hopefully you can also see the darts that I've added to the front neckline (there are also two smaller ones in the back).  Both times I've previously made this pattern the neckline has gaped a little but it didn't bother me enough to fix it - pretty lazy hey :-)  This time the gaping was driving me crazy so I added the darts and I've got to say that I really like the way they look.  I also left off the sleeves (well duh!) and finished the neckline and armholes with self made cotton bias tape.


Summer has certainly hit in Melbourne and I loved adding this to my wardrobe.  I felt cool and comfortable but still put together.  When I look in my wardrobe I feel like I have nothing seasonally appropriate to wear, maybe last summer was pretty mild.  I had a bit of a cutting session last Sunday so hopefully, life permitting, I'll have plenty of new things to show you soon.

7 comments:

BeaJay said...

Lovely top - crisp white will be great for summer. Good to see such great use of a pattern.

velosews said...

Nice choice. You've done a great job on this top. And it's a peplum that works too.

poppykettle said...

This is probably one of my favourite things you've made yet - love it! I particularly like the darts at the neckline - I'm not sure how visible they are IRL but in the pictures they do wonderfully at providing some visual balance to the waistline darts. A total winner - love it!

fabric epiphanies said...

Gotta love a white top! It goes with everything and I think is summers answer to black.

Carolyn said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I'm definitely a white top aficionado myself too :) and that one looks like the perfect white top for just about any occasion!

Anonymous said...

Listed here are about three critical facts you will occur [URL=http://www.nfoutletonline.net/#1172]the north face outlet[/URL] any time you examine peoples testimonials in stores.There are various suppliers that industry this item to the web. All of these suppliers have discounts and a few of these essential have little charges. A lot of them have [URL=http://www.nfoutletonline.net/#1151]north face outlet store[/URL] delivery, and really should you require to return your jacket you will discover returns.

Anonymous said...

I will enter into detail regarding the messenger bag during the [URL=http://www.northfacedenalijacket.org/#812]north face denali jackets[/URL] portion.The only among the two bags is definitely the dimension, the tiny is perfect for daily travelling if you don't have to have to carry a great deal of stuff with you. It comes in from cubic inches or thirteen liters along with dimensions. The big [URL=http://www.northfacedenalijacket.org/#919]links[/URL] is available in at a whipping cubic inches.