Tuesday 1 November 2011

On a roll

I've got another finished garment!  Sadly it's too cold to take photos today but hopefully later in the week I'll get lucky.

My beautiful linen from Tessuti finally arrived - apparently the courier company couldn't locate my house but didn't think to contact me, once I contacted them and provided directions they still failed to meet the delivery timeframe they gave me.  Tessuti - please go back to Australia Post!  Anyway - here it is all cut out and ready to be sewn up.

Today was Melbourne Cup day, a public holiday in Melbourne, so I was free to play around in my sewing room.  This dress is a really quick sew - I'll do a full write up when I grab some photos.

In other sewing news, I had a great day in the city with my sister last week and I made a few purchases.  I know exactly what I want to make from every piece of fabric I bought and I have patterns for all but one of them.  Purchases were made at Tessuti, L'uccello (who gifted us some sweet buttons) and Clegs.  It's not sewing related (but definitely worth a mention) we had dinner at Parliament House with Hugh Delahunty and his lovely wife.  They were great hosts, very warm and engaging people and the evening was lovely.

The new additions.
I'm off to cut into that beautiful teal ponte knit from Tessuti.  With any luck there will be enough left over for an extra project.

No comments: