Saturday 13 August 2011

Sugar and Spice

I had some fun in my sewing room this morning.  At the last minute a friend decided to throw her daughter a surprise birthday party so I had to come up with a gift pretty quick.  Our local shopping centre is severely lacking in inspiration and I had no desire to leave the house so I decided to make her a skirt.


She's a really girly, girl and so this fabric hit the spot.  My girls don't wear this style of skirt any more and I can't get them into anything quite this sweet looking, so it was lovely to be able to use the fabric on someone who would appreciate it.  Total winner.  The birthday girl and her Mum both loved the skirt.

I'm signing on for Self-Stitched September.  As difficult as I found Me Made June I do really enjoy the challenge and the inspiration from others.  I know there has been some criticism around the project, but I think it's wonderful.  I'll try to keep my outfit posts to a minimum - you can always check out my Flickr photostream if you want to see what I've been wearing.

I, Robyn, sign up as a participant of Self-Stitched-Sept '11. I endeavour to wear at least one me- made or refashioned item each day for the duration of September 2011.

Not much happening on the coat front - but I'm going to get it done.  It's too big to be left incomplete until next winter.

4 comments:

Gabrielle said...

A very sweet skirt, I'm sure the little girl will be asking her mum to make more of the same now!

I hope you can get that coat done while the weather is still pretty cool, and look forward to seeing it.

BTW I've been having trouble leaving comments again lately - normally I view your blog via Windows but today I'm on Linux, so not sure if that has anything to do with it...

Bernice said...

Very cute skirt. It's nice to have the opportunity to sew such cutesy stuff again I'm sure. So you're braving another SSed. Good on you! Hmmm, I've got another 2 weeks to decide.

Bernice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolyn said...

This skirt is completely adorable! I'm not surprised the lucky recipient was so happy with it!
I'm so glad you are joining in with SSS! I love the challenge, the inspiration and the being part of things too. I think Zoe's challenges have the best community spirit of any online sewing group.