Saturday 1 January 2011

Happy New Year!

Welcome 2011 - have I got big plans for you!


Lots of lovely ladies have been listing their goals for 2011 so I thought I'd put a few out there as well.

1.  I'm going to make 2011 a fun year.  Somewhere along the line 2010 became all about hard work and we forgot to just relax and enjoy ourselves.  We're off to a good start on this one.  We spent yesterday (I know it was still 2010 but I'm claiming it anyway) swimming at the beach, relaxing at the cinema and seeing in the new year with a casual BBQ with good friends.  It was absolutely fantastic.

2.  Sew more regularly - I love to sew but found it very difficult to do regularly when I had to set everything up on the dinner table and then put it all away when it was time to eat.  I spent more time setting up and packing away than I did sewing, so with my new room hopefully that will all change. 

3. Choose my fabrics more carefully.  Sometimes I can get carried away with bargain fabrics and forget that they're not something that I would actually wear or use.  Need to focus only on things I love and will really use.

4. Don't make orphans.  If I make something it needs to go with something else, that's as important when I'm sewing for others as it is when I'm sewing for myself.

5.  Pay as much extra off the mortgage as possible.  We're in a brand new house with (for us) a really big mortgage so I want to pay it off as soon as possible and making extra repayments in the early stages makes such a big difference over the life of the loan.

6.  Look after myself.  I turn the big 3-0 this year and celebrate 10 years of marriage so I want to be in great shape. 

Pretty simple goals really.  Wishing you a fantastic 2011.  Cheers!

No comments: